ngredients: Yields 12 muffins
- 1 cup whole wheat flour, 1 cup unbleached all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 t baking soda
- 1/2 t salt
- 1/3 cup + 1 1/2T of Truvia or 1cup sugar
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 4 very ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/4 cup apple sauce (this keeps them moist)
- 2 T water
- 1 t vanilla extract
- 1 cup non dairy semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1-2 scoops of vanilla protein (I used Sunwarrior), optional
Directions: Preheat oven to 350c. Line or lightly grease your muffin tin. In medium bowl, mix the flour, salt, baking soda & protein powder.
In a large bowl, beat the sugar and the oil. Add mashed banana and chocolate chips. Stir in water, vanilla extract and apple sauce. Add flour mixture and mix till combined.
Fill the muffin tin evenly, I use an ice cream scoop. And bake for 20-25min till a toothpick inserted in the middle of a muffin comes out clear.